Back into Lockdown and Looking Ahead
It's been a crazy year for everyone, and there's no sense that we're on the way towards a better 2021 just yet - but we are not down-hearted! We wanted to share some of the reasons why we feel hopeful about Wales being in lockdown and the shop being closed in Hay-on-Wye...
1. Hopefully, this short, sharp lockdown will help to suppress the virus and give us a fighting chance of celebrating Christmas with some sense of normality.
2. At least in Wales we are all in it together. It has been a patchwork of approaches up to now, which makes it very confusing for anyone to follow the rules. At least for the next two weeks, we all know what we're supposed to do (in theory!).
3. We are still open online, and continuing to process orders as normal. It may take us slightly longer - hence why we've suspended our first-class shipping option - but we will get your items to you as quickly as we can! We really appreciate the support.
4. We are a lot better off than many other parts of the world. We know from speaking to our partners and artisans across the world that Covid19 has hit everyone extremely hard. Here in the UK we do have basic protections, and we are lucky enough to have socially-conscious people across the country who are looking out for people worse off than themselves (here's to you, Marcus). So let's count our blessings :)
5. Everyone connected to the shop has kept fit and well so far, which we know makes us very lucky. We are thinking of you all, around the country and around the world, and hope that you and your loved ones stay safe.
We are here to help if you have questions about any stock items or things you'd like to see us stocking in the run up to Christmas. We'll be back open in Hay before you know it - take care until then!